Date: 30.11.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 491
Unemployedprofessors.dehaorhan.com #New moon essay questions

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> New moon essay questions

New moon essay questions

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

How to write a good essay: Paraphrasing the question

Do you sometimes struggle to begin writing an essay when taking an exam? Good news! There is an important writing skill that will

New Moon Essay Topics & Writing Assignments - BookRags com

New moon essay questions

Write My Research Paper -
New Moon - Reading Guide - Book Club Discussion Questions

How Art Exhibition Jurors Make Decisions. About the Author: M. Questions. Stephen Doherty earned a Master of Fine Arts degree from Cornell University and served as editor-in-chief of incongruity essay American Artist magazine for 31 years. He has written a dozen books, hundreds of magazine articles, and new moon essay, he has judged art competitions for alcoholics papers, the National Watercolor Society, the Winter Park Art Festival, The National Oil Acrylic Painters Society, the International Association of essay questions Pastel Societies, the Salmagundi Club, Arts for the Parks, and Plein Air Easton. He is now a consulting executive editor, a painter, and workshop teacher. Phd Thesis. Judges will reject all three entries by an artist if one of the pieces is not as strong as the other two. If you only have two great paintings available to submit to a contest, then only enter those pieces.

If you have several outstanding pieces to submit, it’s always better to show judges that your talent is solid and consistent by allowing them to new moon questions, review three great paintings instead of just one. Collectors may buy artwork that is phd thesis safe and essay questions, typical, but judges prefer works that are exceptional. When you are trying to decide which pieces to as coursework, enter, ask for advice from an experienced artist or teacher, not your mother. Judges are often more critical of artwork that is similar to their own. The standards they apply to their own work are much higher than those they use for judging other subjects or styles. New Moon Questions. Judges only look at as coursework, digital photographs or slide entries for a few seconds, and they are more apt to respond positively to images that are immediately understood rather than those that are so subtle and require careful study. Make sure the artwork you enter is well defined and that the contrast between the essay questions values is distinct.

Very few judges want to writing fees, offend exhibition organizers or the viewing public by selecting work those people might consider offensive, too big, poorly framed, or politically incorrect. If you want to challenge the essay norms, make sure the organization, venue, and judges will welcome those challenges. You are more likely to receive recognition for your drawings, sculptures, or acrylic paintings than for your oils in maths problem solving games competitions in which most of the entries are oil paintings. Don’t Take Contest Results Too Seriously. A friend of mine keeps paintings on essay, the fireplace mantel in his studio that he has entered in several contests. On the backs side of the frames, he records the phd thesis results from each submission. One painting was rejected from three competitions and won prizes in four others (including “Best of Show”), and the other paintings have similar track records. “I keep the paintings on display so I remind myself that art contests are based on completely subjective reviews,” he explains. That story is worth keeping in mind the next time your work is new moon rejected from an art contest of services fees it wins the Best of essay Show award.

Daily Art Show : Daily Show of Art that reaches thousands of potential collectors. Problem Solving Games. What Would You Like to Do Next? Early on as I began trying to enter shows I had the opportunity to sit in on a jurying process. It was fascinating . and of course, just as you have described. Here is the blog. New Moon Essay Questions. one of my first thanks to Clint's encouragement after signing up with FASO. Thank you, thank you for sharing your expericne and for this well-written, informative and educational article that most every artist needs to learn from and use.

I know I cetainly needed to read this. I have juried a couple of art shows myself, but I still find it hard to services fees, figure out essay questions, my own best work. Like a Duh for phd thesis, me. I can feel so stupid. What you shared is an article that I need to have a copy of for my files to read and refer to often. or at least each time I am condsidering entering a competition or not. Questions. which scares me anyway. I also like the idea that Michael stated about treating our web sites in the same way. Writing Services. post only our best which I would think most of us try to questions, do, but we get to hung up on some of the paintings and end up not always doing that. Beetroot. AND, I think what Marsha said about getting the advice of another artist in selecting our better work for on our web sites is a great idea too. I have a hard time because it can get so personal. As a matter fact which reminds me and while I am thinking of it.

Marsha, when you were here for a visit, one of the questions paintings that I had already framed here that we discussed what could be better about the painting, I have already taken it out of its frame this morning with the phd thesis on movie intent of essay taking out what needs to be removed from the painting and fixing up some of what you had suggested. Thank you again. It will definite be an improvement on graduate admission help practitioner, the overall composition!! I Will be taking it to the Wickford Arts Festival with me this coming weekend. BUT, again Stephan, thank you again. A few weeks ago on my facebook wall page, this very subject was discussed about juried art shows and what to do, etc. New Moon Essay. so this article you wrote is right in as coursework time. I hope all the artists who made comments on that wall page post, will now see and read your article.

It will help all of us!! By the time it was over essay questions with, I had a new and alcoholics, profound respect for the jurying process and especially for the person or people who ultimately judges the accepted works for awards. I learned several things: Actually I do realize that quality photographic images are important, sending in your best work and the maximum number of images accepted. New Moon. For the other pointers, I am going to print this article out and keep it as a reminder. I'm tired of getting rejected from regional shows. The competition is tough and if I know what the judges are looking for, I can be better equipped to alcoholics papers, be in the final running, not going off the essay questions cliff to maths problem solving, my suicide. By the way, Cornell is one of the best ivy league colleges out there, I was almost accepted into their architectural program almost 30 years ago in essay 1982. Missed it by one tenth of a grade average.

I'm glad I did, I love fine art more. Phd Thesis On Movie. I have found that juror's decisions are unpredictable and at times make no sense. Stephen Doherty's suggestion of submitting your best work is followed by most artists. What an artist thinks is his best work is questions overlooked many times. Sometimes we artists have submitted what we consider our second tier work to test the judging and find that one of these works is accepted and also leads to a ribbon. The last paragraph of his article puts the beetroot reality into the art judgment arena. An artist submits his best and it is entered in a crap shoot. Most of us are not detained by that and we keep trying.

That's the reality. You have very good valid point. and questions, that would need to be further explained to me by those who feel that one needs only research papers 5 to 8 seconds although the 8 seconds does not sound so bad if you sit back and pretend this screen is a painting and seeing how long 5 to 8 seconds passes by. It can make sense. When I juried an art show, the seconds really did not seem as short. however, it was more than 5 seconds. AND, Carol, I too have heard the new moon essay questions expression paint it red and paint it big! Apparently that has worked quite often for artists. Have seen it happen many times. When I had posted this same topic on alcoholics anonymous papers, my facebook wall, there were many, many comments.

Quite a few spoke of the bias that some judges have toward art work and artists. and remember too if a judge knows of a well known artists work, they also KNOW their style even if the name does not show. It can be obvious as to new moon, whose work it is. Maths. Some who have juried work said they are more harsh toward that artist (that is essay also a bias)..and others said they have seen artists win because of who they were and not just based solely upon their work. Even a well known exceptional artist who does high quality, excellent work as a rule can have some that are not up to par, but may still win an award or get into that juried show because of who they are. I think we have all seen that happen. Sorry to bring that up, but that was also part of what was discussed with this topic.

It can happen. Never mind the bias, a judge can have a preliminary expectation of the essay nurse practitioner cohesiveness that he/she wants the public to view in his/her exhibit. If it is a certain style, like plein air impressionism, then the artist's works who form that vision of the judge will be picked. That will reject any artist who bucks or deviates from the style even if their art is of excellent quality. Essay. It will also pick pretty much the fees same group of artists that paint like each other. I do believe that it is a future duty of each show director to lay out in essay the prospectus, the criteria in the choosing of the art based upon what principles, what look they are seeking, etc. to maths problem, make this process more transparent to us applying artists.

Or the judge themselves should provide a statement of intent, then it won`t be such a blind process and a roll of the dice or a lottery ticket. I have seen some shows do this and I know, we don't read the whole thing, but I will! Bottom line, if we keep telling ourselves that judging is subjective (and often includes bias) the better off we'll be. Thanks for a most helpful post! Many excellent points were made by new moon essay both you and beetroot, the participating artists!

I have read many of your articles in various art publications and appreciate your sharing some insider information with us. I have always felt that judging was a very subjective process and still do. I'm always hopeful that I will be on the favored side of the judging although I haven't really entered many competitions. New Moon. With so much wonderful work out there, I think judging an art competition has to fees, be extremely difficult. I will add this post to my keepers pile and refer to it for the next competition that I dare to enter! Esther, I entered and was accepted into a juried show that had a size limit and I submitted entries that were within the limit. A disgruntled artist friend pointed out at new moon questions, the opening reception, however, that one of the winning entries was clearly well over the size limit, and this friend had wanted to phd thesis, enter a painting but ultimately didn't because his own painting exceeded the size limit! Either the sizes of the entries were ignored during the jurying, or the questions jurist knew and blatantly decided to accept and then award the piece anyway, regardless of the criteria! Great idea about skimming through FAV contest entries to get an idea about how judges feel and what the judging process involves.

I'm going to try it. and as coursework beetroot, then perhaps I can see where I would fit in. LOL. Your story about the painting over new moon questions the size limits being excepted makes me angry. If I were your friend I would have made an issue of it. If no one calls them on phd thesis, the carpet for it then it will continue. Grrrr . stuff like that just makes me mad. I have a very talented and well known (at least in NE PA) artist friend who refuses to enter local competitions for just the reasons you describe.

The show I curate every year is just what you describe. We jury for space and honestly I have never had to new moon essay, turn anyone away. Services. The quality of the work in the show seems to get better each year and people generally comment on what a great show it is and that the quality is as good or better than shows in the BIG CITIES at the well known galleries. Last year we had 108 pieces and sold 16. That was wonderful in a down economy! For the last 2 years we have had a People's Choice award where visitors to the show get to vote for their favorite piece. I always reserve my vote to be the new moon questions tie breaker should a tie occur but haven't had to exercise it as the winner is always many votes ahead of the on movie rest! Some pieces really do stand out and speak to the viewing audience. (of course we always have those folks who bring their family and friends and try to load the ballot box but that strategy has not brought them awards) Your story reminded me of new moon a few years ago when I was at essay, the AWS traveling show and was looking at one of the pieces that placed very high in questions the awards category (I can't recall the exact award it won right now).

I bumped into the artist and we got to talking a bit about her piece. She told me that this piece was rejected from the last few shows she tried to enter it in incongruity essay and now it won an essay, award from a major art society. I checked out your website and anonymous research papers, the paintings are lovely. Perhaps you should just pick a few regional shows to persist at. Eventually you will get in. I have tried for new moon essay questions, a few at anonymous papers, the state level and been rejected. I have gotten into regional shows but it is all very subjective. Keep plugging away if it is important to you. Otherwise, just paint because you love it and to heck with the new moon critics! Just curious why you don't post a link to your website?

You sound like you have lots of maths problem solving experience. Would love to see your work. New Moon Questions. I always click on the links in this blog to incongruity satire, check out the questions work. As Coursework. It is questions so interesting to see everyones work. Beetroot. Most of new moon questions us are looking for exposure. even if it is only other artists!

Many of the artists collect other artists so it is a good venue as well. That doesn't surprise me. Maths Problem. I think if you hit enough targets, sooner or later something will stick! You just have to essay questions, find the right judge at the right time. Of course, your painting has to be good to begin with, but then it is hitting the moment and time that a judge will be impressed with your work. You never know what will move a particular judge on a particular day. I've heard judges say, ask me tomorrow and I would probably change my mind. This is an research papers, excellent and much needed post! Thanks for taking the time to share your insights and experience with us. New Moon Essay. Never give up, Try, try again and continue to learn. In evaluating works of art, the questions often come up as to whether or not jurors base their selective process on graduate essay help nurse practitioner, their personal biases or tastes such as likes or dislikes for a particular style of painting, media, trend or subject matter, etc.

Do universal aesthetic standards exist for evaluating works of art? If so, are they consistent and do jurors often use them? Can one rely on them? I believe the answer to all these questions is yes. Questions. As you can see the selective process can be rather complex and of course somewhat confusing to some with so many seemingly contradictory points of views. Be assured that the evaluation process varies from juror to juror with divergence in background and experience and is not to be taken personally or as definitive. Writing Fees. Nevertheless, I do believe that universal truths eist. In particular, there is essay a belief that most judges would agree is incongruity satire essay paramount in evaluating works of art and that is the essay concept of quality. Unfortunately, the criteria used in defining quality may be just as elusive as the multitude of criteria used by different judges in defining art itself. Incongruity. However, I will attempt to clarify some of these truths and give you my interpretation of quality.

My basic premise or definition of Quality is directly correlated to the degree that the new moon essay artist demonstrates his or her skill in turning the commonplace into the sublime. I trust this definition and what follows will be helpful in your understanding the reasons as to on movie, why the particular pieces have been chosen to be represented in this exhibition. In evaluating drawings and paintings for a group exhibition I generally use four simple phrases to help me categorize the work to be included or excluded. They are: 4 It doesnt work. Usually, of the four categories, pieces that are in the last two categories do not get into essay questions, the exhibition. Research. That is questions all for now.

Next, Leonard Scarola goes on essay nurse, to define what ingredients compose the above phrases. This is where it gets longer and I will have to scan this and put it on my website blog I guess. I need to ask the new moon questions professor if it is okay. If he is not on vacation. This was up on the internet 3 years ago and it still may be. I will check the html string to be sure. Enjoy and paint masterpieces!

Nice to run into another AAA grad. I was always a little puzzled by this comment too, but I think he was referring to works that are very similar to his. Almost to the point where you have to look at the signature to see who painted it. Of course it just may have been his way of pushing us to find our own style. unusual but significant points that I never. would have considered. a juried show where I entered three pieces and. all were accepted. My friend had 2 excellent. pieces that were definitely superior to fees, mine, and both were cut.

The next year he entered. the essay questions same pieces in the same show and won best. On Movie. Thanks and regards, are Trademarks of essay questions BoldBrush Technology, LLC Licensed to BoldBrush, Inc. Canvoo is a registered trademark of BoldBrush Technology, LLC Licensed to alcoholics research, BoldBrush, Inc.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
New Moon Short Essay - Answer Key | BookRags com

MLA Format: The Complete MLA Citation Guide. The 8th edition of MLA format provides researchers with guidance on how to document the use of others’ work responsibly. Published in April 2016, the new handbook illustrates examples of citations made in the revised style, and explains how to create two types of citations: full citations that are placed in a works cited list, and in-text citations, which are abbreviated versions of full citations and located in essay questions, the body of the work. With the new and improved MLA citation format, a major change was made to how full citations are created and how MLA works cited pages are formatted. Writing Fees? Overall, the style presents a much simpler way to create accurate citations for students and researchers compared to past versions. 1. One standard citation format that applies to every source type. In previous editions of the style, researchers were required to locate the citation format for the source type that they were citing. For instance, they were trying to essay, cite a scholarly journal article, they would have to papers, reference the rules for citing journals.

This has become inefficient in modern writing, however, as we are digesting information for a wider variety of sources than ever before. With information readily available in tweets, Facebook posts, blogs, etc., it has become unrealistic for to create citation formats for every source type. To address this, there is now one universal format that researchers can use to create their citations. To properly use this new format, the researcher is required to locate the “Core Elements” of their sources. These are what make up the information that will populate the citation. These core elements can be found in essay questions, the forms in the MLA citation generator. The “Core Elements” of a citation, along with their corresponding punctuation marks, include the following (in this order):

The appropriate punctuation mark must follow each core element, unless it is the final piece. In that situation, the alcoholics anonymous, punctuation mark should always be a period. These core elements are then placed within the citation, and generally follow this format: Author. Title.

Title of the container. New Moon Questions? Other contributors, Version, Number, Publisher’s name, Date of publication, Location. Here is an example of how an actual source (in this case, a book) looks when cited using the 8th edition style: Goodwin, Doris. Team of as coursework beetroot, Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln . Simon Shuster, 2012. For more help with creating citations with these core elements, try the MLA citation maker on EasyBib. 2. New Moon Essay Questions? Inclusion of fees, “containers” in citations. When the source you are referencing is actually a small part of a larger source, such as a chapter within a book, the new moon essay, larger source is called the “container,” as it “contains” the smaller source. Generally, the container is italicized and is followed by a comma. For more details on this, see the phd thesis on movie, examples below. You can also create citations with containers in the MLA citation machine.

MLA citation format for citing a title within a container might looks as follows: Source Author(s) Last Name, First Name. “Title of Source.” Container Title , Container Contributor(s) First Name Last Name, Publisher, Date Published, page numbers. Here is an example full citation of how to cite a book chapter using the 8th edition format: Uenten, Wesley Iwao. “Rising Up from a Sea of Discontent: The 1970 Koza Uprising in U.S. Occupied Okinawa.” Militarized Currents: Toward a Decolonized Future in Asia and new moon essay questions, the Pacific , edited by Setsu Shigematsu and Keith L. Camacho, University of Minnesota Press, 2010, pp. 91-124. 3. Graduate Admission Essay Nurse? The ability to questions, use pseudonyms for author names. In order to incongruity satire, more efficiently create accurate citations for new source types, it is now acceptable to use online handles or screen names in place of authors’ names.

@TwitterHandle. “Content of Tweet.” Twitter, Date, Time, URL (omit http:// or https://). @realDonaldTrump. “I will be having a general news conference on JANUARY ELEVENTH in new moon, N.Y.C. Thank you.” Twitter , 3 Jan. 2017, 6:58 p.m., twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816433590892429312. 4. Adding the abbreviations vol. and no. to magazine and journal article citations. In previous versions of the style, there was no indication that the problem games, numbers in periodical citations referred to new moon essay questions, the volume and issue numbers. This has changed in the 8 th edition to maths solving games, be clearer to the reader. O’Carol, John. “The Dying of the Epic.” Anthropoetics 30.2 (2011): 48-49. Print.

O’Carol, John. “The Dying of the new moon, Epic.” Anthropoetics , vol. 30, no. Alcoholics Anonymous Research Papers? 2, 2011, pp. 48-49. Unlike previous editions, the inclusion of URLs in citations highly recommended by the 8 th edition. Omit “http://” or “https://” from the URL when including it in a citation. 6. Omitting the city of publication. In previous versions of the citation style, researchers included the essay, city where the publisher was located. Today, this information generally serves little purpose and phd thesis, the city of questions, publication can often be omitted.

Only include the city of publication if the version of the writing fees, source differs when published in new moon, a different country (Example: British editions of phd thesis on movie, books versus versions printed in new moon essay, the United States). 7. Flexibility in citation formatting. In addition to one universal format for all source types, the 8th edition now allows for alcoholics research, more flexibility in citation presentation than previous versions of the style. For example, there is technically no right or wrong way to document a source, and certain aspects of a source can be included or excluded, depending on the focus of the work. For example, if you are citing the movie, Casablanca , and your research project focuses on the main character, Rick Blaine, it would be beneficial to your reader for you to new moon, include the name of the actor, Humphrey Bogart, in graduate essay nurse, your citation. Other writers who instead focus on the whole movie in essay questions, their paper may elect to just include the name of the director in incongruity satire, their works cited page. To create the best and most effective citations, you always should think about which pieces of information will help readers easily locate the new moon essay, source you referenced themselves.

Your teacher may want you to format your paper using the guidelines specified in the 8th edition. If you were told to create your citations in this format, your paper should be formatted using the new MLA guidelines as well. Use white 8 ? x 11” paper. Make 1 inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch. On Movie? Indent set-off quotations one inch from the new moon questions, left margin Use any type of font that is easy to read, such as Times New Roman. Nurse Practitioner? Make sure that italics look different from the regular typeface Use 12 point size Double space the entire research paper, even the works cited page. Leave one space after periods and other punctuation marks, unless your instructor tells you to new moon questions, make two spaces. You can either create a title page using EasyBib’s Title Page creator or omit the title page completely and graduate essay nurse practitioner, use a header.

To create a MLA header, follow these steps: Begin one inch from the top of the first page and flush with the left margin. Type your name, your instructor’s name, the course number, and the date on separate lines, using double spaces between each. New Moon Essay Questions? Double space once more and writing, center the title. Do NOT underline, bold, or type the title in all capital letters. Only italicize words that would normally be italicized in the text. Example: Character Development in The Great Gatsby. Do not place a period after the title or after any heading. Essay Questions? Double space between the title and first lines of the text.

Placed in the upper right-hand corner, one half inch from the incongruity satire, top, flush with the right margin. Type your last name before the page number. (To make this process easier, set your word processor to automatically add the last name and page number to each page). New Moon? Do not place p. before the page number. Many instructors do not want a page number on services fees the first page. Ask your instructor for their specific preferences. Should be placed as close as possible to the text that they most closely refer to.

Label tables with: “Table,” an arabic numeral, and create a title for it. This information should be located above the table, flush left, on separate lines. Format the title the same way as the title of the paper. New Moon? Underneath the table, provide the source and any notes. Notes should be labeled with a letter, rather than a numeral, so the reader is able to differentiate between the notes of the alcoholics anonymous research, text and the notes of the table. Use double spacing throughout.

Label illustrations with: Fig. (short for figure), assign an arabic number, and new moon, provide a caption. The label and caption should appear underneath the illustration. **If the table or illustration’s caption gives complete information about the as coursework beetroot, source and the source isn’t cited in the text, there is essay, no need to include the citation in admission essay nurse practitioner, the works cited page. Label musical scores with: Ex. (short for Example), assign it an new moon Arabic numeral, and provide a caption. The label and caption should appear below the musical illustration.

The 8th edition recommends that numbers are spelled out satire, if the number can be written with one or two words. For larger numbers, write the number itself. One, forty four, one hundred, 247, 2 ?, 101. If the project calls for frequent use of numbers (such as a scientific study or statistics), use numerals that precede measurements. 247 milligrams, 5 pounds. Here are some other formatting tips to keep in mind:

Do not start sentences with a numeral, spell out the number. Always use numerals before abbreviations or symbols, ex. New Moon Essay? 6 lbs. In divisions, use numbers, ex: In page 5 of the study. The purpose of an essay MLA works cited list is to display the new moon questions, sources that were used for a project, and to give credit to the original authors of the works that were consulted for a project. Works Cited lists are typically found at the very end of a project.

Citations are what make up a works cited list. Here are some tips on how to create a works cited list for your citations: Citations are listed in alphabetical order by alcoholics research papers, the first word in the citation, which is typically the last name of the author. Each citation should have a hanging indent. When there are two or more sources with the same author, only include the author’s name in the first citation. In the second or subsequent citations, use three hyphens in place of the author’s name, followed by a period. Middlekauff, Robert. The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution. Oxford UP, 2007. – – -. Questions? Colonial America . Oxford UP, 1999.

Connell, James. Essay? “The Battle of Yorktown: What Don’t We Know?” The American History Journal, vol. New Moon Questions? 19, no. Incongruity Essay? 6, 2005, pp. 36-43. Middlekauff, Robert. The Glorious Cause: The American Revolution. New Moon? Oxford UP, 2007. – – -. Colonial America . Oxford UP, 1999. The Patriot.

Directed by Roland Emmerich, performed by Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger. Columbia Pictures, 2002. The 8th edition also has standardized rules regarding the formatting of titles within citations. Here are some of the rules pertaining to titles in the new MLA format: When citing book titles, always enter the full title, in graduate help nurse practitioner, italics, followed by a period. See the MLA format citation below: Last Name, First Name. Italicized Title . Publisher, Publication Year. When citing periodicals, place the title of the article in quotes, with a period at the end of the new moon questions, title. The italicized title of the periodical follows, along with a comma. An MLA format example is below:

Last Name, First Name. “Title of the Article.” Periodical Title.” Publication Year, Page Numbers. When citing a website, the title of the web page or article is placed in quotation marks, with a period before the end quotation. The title of the website is solving, written in italics followed by essay questions, a comma. Writing Services Fees? If the name of the publisher differs from the name of the website, include it after the title. Immediately following the publisher is the date that the page or article was published, or posted. Finally, end with the URL. The URL is the website’s address. The citation format is as follows:

Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of the Article or Individual Page.” Title of the website, Name of the publisher, Date of publication, URL. Click here for additional information on website titles. Giving credit to new moon, the author of works that you use in incongruity satire, your research paper is essay questions, not only important for citation accuracy, but will prevent plagiarism. In order to include the author’s name in your citation, follow the nurse, guidelines listed below: Author formatting: Olsen, Gregg.

Citation example: Olsen, Gregg. If I Can’t Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children . St. Martin’s True Crime, 2015, pp. 18-22. Place the new moon, authors in the order in which they appear on the source. Note that only the lead author’s name is listed last name first; all additional authors are listed by their first name, middle initial if applicable, and then last name: Author formatting: Bernecker, Sven, and Fred Dretske.

Citation example: Bernecker, Sven, and Fred Dretske. Knowledge: Readings in Contemporary Epistemology. Oxford: UP, 2007. List the author’s last name, first name, and then middle initial if applicable. Follow it with a comma, and then add et al. in place of the additional authors: Author formatting: George, Michael L., et al. Citation example: George, Michael L., et al. The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook. McGraw-Hill, 2005.

In cases where the as coursework beetroot, person responsible for creating a work is someone other than the author, such as an new moon questions editor, producer, performer, or artist, always include the individual’s role after the name: Kansaker, Tej Ratna, and Mark Turin, editors. When citing works of entertainment, such as film or television, include the name and role of the person on whom you’ve focused: Byrne, Rose, performer. *Note: If you are writing about a film or television show that does not focus on essay help practitioner an individual’s role, omit the author’s name and start the new moon, citation with the title. If a corporation is the author of the text, include the full name of the fees, corporation:

The American Heart Association. Treat the new moon essay questions, translator as the author. You should do this only as coursework beetroot if the focus of your paper is on the original translated work. Include the name of the original creator after the title, preceded by the word “By”: Author formatting: Rabassa, Gregory, translator. Citation example: Rabassa, Gregory, translator. Essay? One Hundred Years of Solitude. By Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Random House, 1995. When no author is given in a text, omit this section and problem games, start the citation with the title. Sources can be released in essay, different versions, or forms. For example, a book can have various versions – such as a first edition or a second edition, even an as coursework beetroot updated edition.

A movie can have an unrated or an uncut version. It is questions, important to communicate to the reader which version was used to help them locate the exact source themselves. For books, if it is a specific numbered edition, type out the numeral and use the on movie, abbreviation “ed.” for edition. If no specific version is mentioned or located, omit this information from the citation. Examples of 8th edition citations for sources with various versions:

Weinberger, Norman M. “The Auditory System and Elements of Music” The Psychology of Music, edited by essay questions, Diana Deutsch, 2nd ed., Academic Press, 1999, p.61. Google Books, books.google.com/books?id=A3jkobk4yMMClpg=PP1dq=psychologypg=PR6#v=onepageq=psychologyf=false. JFK. Performance by Kevin Costner, directed by Oliver Stone, director’s cut ed., Warner Home Video, 2008. When including the date of admission help practitioner, publication, there aren’t any set rules to how the date should be input into the citation. For example, you can use May 5, 2016 or 5 May 2016. What does matter is consistency. Whichever way the date is placed in one citation, the new moon, same format should be used in alcoholics anonymous research, the other citations in your project. Names of essay questions, months that use more than four letters are written with abbreviations. Regarding new MLA in text citations, the rules are the same as in previous versions of the style. When using a direct quote or paraphrasing an author’s work, place an in-text citation after the borrowed information.

Generally, the in text citation is found immediately following the direct quote or paraphrase, but it is acceptable to on movie, insert it in essay, a place, soon after, that allows for a natural pause while reading. (Author Last Page Number[s]). Ready to start citing? See the information and examples below to get started creating citations for the most popular source types. Author’s Last name, First name. Title of the work, translated by admission, or edited by First Name Last name, vol. number, Publisher, Year the book was published, page number(s).

Roth, Veronica. Divergent. Katherine Tegen Books, 2011. Olsen, Gregg, and Rebecca Morris. If I Can’t Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and new moon essay questions, the Murder of Her Children. St. Martin’s True Crime, 2015, pp.

18-22. Matthews, Graham, et al. Fees? Disaster Management in Archives, Libraries, and Museums. Ashgate, 2009. Author’s Last name, First name. New Moon Essay Questions? “Title of chapter or section.” Title of the work, translated by or edited by First Name Last name, vol. Graduate Essay Help Practitioner? number, Publisher, Year the book was published, page number(s). Montrose, Louis. “Elizabeth Through the Looking Glass: Picturing the Queen’s Two Bodies.” The Body of the new moon questions, Queen: Gender and Rule in the Courtly World, 1500-2000, edited by Regina Schulte, Berghahn, 2006, pp. 61-87. How to as coursework, Cite an E-book Found Online: Author’s last name, First name. “Title of the chapter or section.” Title of the e-book, translated by or edited by First name Last name, vol. number, Publisher, Year of publication, page number(s). Title of the web site or database, URL. Austen, Jane, and Seth Grahame-Smith.

Pride and Prejudice and new moon, Zombies. Quirk, 2015. As Coursework Beetroot? Google Books, books.google.com/books?id=x5xPaPeZzmUClpg=PP1dq=zombiespg=PP1#v=onepageq=zombiesf=false. Poe, Edgar Allan. Essay? “The Gold Bug.” Short Stories for satire, English Courses, Edited by Rosa M.R. Mikels, 2004. New Moon Questions? Project Gutenberg, www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5403/pg5403-images.html. Author’s last name, First name. “Title of the chapter or section.” Title of the e-book, translated by or edited by First name Last name, Name of writing services, e-reader device, vol. number, Publisher, Year of essay, publication, page number(s). Doer, Anthony. Graduate Admission Essay? All the new moon essay questions, Light We Cannot See. Kindle ed., Scribner, 2014.

Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of the Article or Individual Page.” Title of the website, Name of the publisher, Date of publication, URL. White, Lori. “The Newest Fad in People Helping People: Little Free Pantries.” Upworthy, Cloud Tiger Media, 3 Aug. 2016, www.upworthy.com/the-newest-fad-in-people-helping-people-little-free-pantries?g=2c=hpstream. MLA Citation Website with no author: “Title of the Article or Individual Page.” Title of the website, Name of the publisher, Date of publication, URL. “Giant Panda.” Smithsonian National Zoological Park, Smithsonian Institute, 2004, nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/giantpandas/pandafacts. How to Cite a Website with no webpage title: Webpage Description. Title of the website, Name of the services, publisher, Date of publication, URL. General Information on the New York Mets. NYCData, The Weissman Center for International Business Baruch College/CUNY, www.baruch.cuny.edu/nycdata/sports/nymets.htm. How to Cite a Journal Article found on a Database:

Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of the questions, article.” Title of the journal , First name Last name of any other contributors (if applicable), Version (if applicable), Numbers (such as a volume and issue number), Publication date, Page numbers. Title of the database, URL or DOI. Brian, Real, et al. “Rural Public Libraries and Digital Inclusion: Issues and Challenges.” Information and Technology Libraries , vol. 33, no. 1, Mar. Maths Problem Solving Games? 2014, pp. New Moon? 6-24. ProQuest, ezproxy.nypl.org/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.i.ezproxy.nypl.org/docview/1512388143?accountid=35635. How to Cite a Journal Article found in incongruity, Print: Author’s Last name, First name ” Title of the article.” Title of Journal , Volume, Issue, Year, pages. Bagchi, Alaknanda. “Conflicting Nationalisms: The Voice of the Subaltern in Mahasweta Devi’s Bashai Tudu .” Tulsa Studies in Women’s Literature, vol.

15, no. 1, 1996, pp. 41-50. Follow the formula for citing a book. Cite the author of the essay, the new moon essay, name of the essay, the name of the collection, the editor of the collection, the publication information, and maths, the page number(s) of the essay.

How to Cite an questions Image from a Website: If there is no title available for the image, include a brief description of the image instead. Creator’s Last name, First name. “Title of the digital image.” Title of the website, First name Last name of any contributors, Version (if applicable), Number (if applicable), Publisher, Publication date, URL.

Write My Paper For Me -
New Moon Эссе Вопросы | GradeSaver - azimicarpets ru

s2disk resume NOTE : This page is outdated and is only retained for historical purposes. Suspend with KMS has been implemented and working for essay questions all cards exept for TNT2. Ben Skeggs has given a great update on the status of Nouveau including an update on essay Suspend/Resume: Yes, that's right, Nouveau finally supports suspend/resume. In theory the support is there for all chipsets. In the very least, every chipset I own (at least one from each family, and 5 G80-class cards) can suspend/resume reliably except for a TNT2 that has other issues.. This support is only available when kernel modesetting is new moon, switched on, so that's even more reason to maths problem solving games use it! The following status only applies to TNT2:

Q: Is suspend working with nouveau? A: In unpatched nouveau, only new moon questions if you use Option ShadowFB on essay practitioner in your xorg.conf, but this only works for s2disk and disables all acceleration for 2D and 3D and new moon essay, disables Xv. Q: (Follow-up) Is it possible to get rid of Option ShadowFB on for nouveau suspend to have Xv and research papers, EXA working? A: Yes, Stuart Bennett (malc0) has a patch for nv0x-nv4x: http://people.freedesktop.org/ stuart/nv0x-nv3x_suspend/ (also install the current drm repro) Q: Do malc0's patches also work with running 3D applications? A: Maybe, please test and report! Q: (Follow-up) Is there a way to new moon essay questions make this work with s2ram ? A: Yes, but none is working for phd thesis all cards yet, so it requires some experimentation and work. a) You can try to add a call to vbetool post to your resume script to light up the monitor after s2ram.

Similarily, you can try to add acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode to your kernel command line. New Moon! Note, this only works on Intel machines as it requres the execution of Intel machine code. b) On PPC, or if the method above does not work for phd thesis on movie you (e.g. New Moon Essay Questions! if your backlight stays off after resume, but the kernel otherwise runs), you have to cold-boot the card by interpreting the NVIDIA BIOS init table. There are two ways to do it: You call nouveau's BIOS-parsing card init routine when your X server switches to the X terminal: http://pastebin.com/m4287d7bf Note: You have to restore the backlight registers NV_PBUS_DEBUG_DUALHEAD_CTL and NV_CRTC_GPIO_EXT using radeontool (the version for nouveau) to get backlight back. On PPC, you have to as coursework set the card to big endian mode before running nouveau's BIOS parser to init the card. Ask moondrake in IRC for further information. Matthew Garrett (mjg59) and Stuart Bennett (malc0) managed to run nouveau'S BIOS parser in the kernel (see http://mjg59.livejournal.com/91888.html ) together with nv but it is new moon questions, not integrated with nouveau yet, causes lockups with nouveau and only works for certain older cards (like nv44). For more info, look at the section on cold-booting the anonymous research card.

Comment: Nouveau BIOS-parsing card init (both methods, 1 and 2) does not restore text mode. Ben Skeggs has been hired by RedHat and so he can work on the features which are important for RedHat and distributions in general, like KMS and suspend/resume which seems to be fully done now. In any case, you can come to the nouveau IRC channel, report any issueas and ask if you could help. 3. New Moon Essay Questions! Possibilities for suspending and resuming the card. Working suspend2ram requires ability to cold-boot (also called POSTing - Power-On Self-Test) the card. This is very card-specifc, and may work on some hardware with some method, or not. Currently, there are the following ways how the card can be posted. This does much more than just turning on writing services the backlight (eg. like xset dpms). Fore example it needs to init the essay questions nvidia ASIC, upload the anonymous firmware into it and boot it.

3.1.1. New Moon! Cold-booting the card using x86 BIOS routines. The VESA BIOS Extensions (VBE) provide a way to POST the card even after boot with cards whose VESA BIOS is working after boot. For many (nmost?) nvidia cards, it's not, but the BIOS of G8x cards (nv50) cards seems to work. As Coursework! There are two ways to use the VESA BIOS to post the card: In the kernel: Controlled thru the boot parameter acpi_sleep=[s3_bios,s3_mode] and thru /proc/sys/kernel/acpi_video_flags (can be set by the s2ram tool) the kernel will, on resume, POST the card and/or set the VBE mode which it saved before suspending. New Moon Essay Questions! If the kernel is told to also restore the test mode (s3_bios,s3_mode), it will also restore the text mode. From Linux user space thru vbetool post. This does not restore the graduate essay help nurse text mode, it only cold-boots the card. The now-implemented nv50 kernel modesetting is used to restore the text mode. 3.1.2.

Cold-booting the card by interpreting the init scripts in the Video BIOS. This depends on nouveau's BIOS parser to correctly interpret the reverse-engineered init script of your Nvidia BIOS. There are two ways to cold-boot the card by interpreting the Nvidia BIOS tables: In xf86-video-nouveau/src/nv_bios.c , change pNv-VBIOS.execute = false to new moon true . These BIOS parsers do not set or restore a text mode after cold-booting the card, and they only work for nv4x cards and older. (For nv5x cards the VBE POST can be used.) For s2disk, the machine is ultimatively turned off completely and all power can be removed. The resume process is preceeded by a normal system boot thru the BIOS, so the anonymous research papers card is initialized by essay questions the VGA BIOS in this case, so we do not need to have cold-booting the card working. 4. Support for suspend in other drivers. The blob has support for suspend2disk and suspend2ram, but on research some newer cards (some G80 cards) it fails to resume from disk. The nv driver has suspend2disk working (at least with g80 cards). Switching to a text console before suspend (like suspend scripts usually do) is required tough.

It re-initializes the g80 hardware in each EnterVT when switching back to X. ShadowFB disables Xv, EXA and hardware-accelerated RENDER as well as hardware 3D. If you only need 2D graphics and your system is fast, ShadowFB is likely also fast, but you have to essay switch to research papers the text console before suspending. 6. Possible tools for reverse-engineering. Hopefully, MmioTrace works during suspending and new moon questions, resume. mmiotrace does not provide much symboic information on nv5x cards yet. Note: Below, you may Nvidia-specific terms which you may not know yet. Read HonzaHavlicek to incongruity understand what they mean. Nvidia cards are composed of several separate units: PMC, PTIMER, PFB, PGRAPH and PFIFO.

Nouveaus's GPU initialisation code in nouveau.ko is called during X server startup thru an ioctl which is new moon essay, issued during DRI initialisation. Beetroot! nouveau.ko skips this step if nouveau.ko's internal status indicates that the GPU is already initialized. Even the oldest cards supported by questions nouveau (NV04 = TNT2) have a GPU unit which has support for writing services fees multi-tasking like a full-blown CPU and they even appear to have other CPU-like features like memory protection so that one GPU process cannot mess up the state of other GPU processes, and Nouveau does a context switch between two such GPU processes even as part of the X startup. For 2D and 3D acceleration in parallel, these context switches have to be working. All the GPU processes which were set up before suspending need to essay questions be saved and have to be restored on alcoholics resume - after the various parts of the GPU are initialized. New Moon Essay Questions! Contexts of these GPU processes live in differnt parts of the GPU, one part of these GPU contexts lives in writing fees, the actual drawing engine (PGRAPH) while one part lives in the part which feeds the new moon drawing engine with the commands for drawing (the PFIFO).

7.1. Low-Level Card initialisation in nouveau.ko. The initialisation routines for the nvidia chip components differ from chip generation to chip generation, so the 1st step which nouveau.ko does is research, checking which chip generation the essay card uses. Graduate Help Practitioner! Depending on the generation, the pointers to the card-specific functions are set to essay the card-specific functions for the detected chip generation. Phd Thesis! When the GPU initialisation is new moon, finally called, the card-specific initialisation functions for the various initialsation stages are executed. First, the initialisaiton functions for rather low-level units are called. The first one is the PMC. It seems to be someting like a power switch for the other units, at least it seems to writing services be used by essay questions the initialisation functions of the other units to power-cycle the respective unit before it is initialized. At least on NV04, init of PMC, PTIMER, PFB and PGRAPH are trivial. PFIFO init is where things get more involved. PFIFO needs to satire essay know the essay locations of several parts of the cards instance memory(a special memory region in VRAM, reserved for writing services fees the internal GPU status and commands, size is 512 KiB or 1MiB, depending on the card): RAMHT (hash tables), RAMFC (FIFO context) and RAMRO (FIFO runout table).

This information is configured and written to the FIFO in fifo_instance_mem_init() and that part is still trivial. All drawing commands are sent to the GPU inside a channel (someting like a process for a CPU). Essay Questions! A channel is composed of it's FIFO context, it's PGRAPH context, as well as allocated GPU objects and DMA objects. DMA and beetroot, Interrupt setup are the final stages of the new moon essay questions GPU initialisation routine in satire, nouveau.ko. Current status is that I can run the init routines of PMC, PTIMER and questions, PFB during EnterVT when switching from problem games, console text mode back to graphics mode on NV04 and have EXA still working, to new moon add make GPRAPH init I have to call the graph_save_context and graph_load_context routines around graph_init(), but for PFIFO init, it gets more tricky, see below, and for that, we may need some mmiotraces to know what to do to get the combination of PGRAPH and PFIFO init work. Off-Topic: Regarding saving power): Depending on wether the PMC really can really power-down all the alcoholics papers other units of the GPU, the PMC and new moon essay questions, the suspend code in writing fees, general could used to save power (= gain of battery time) using nouveau (in addition to reducing the clock speed with nvclock) when no drawing is done thru the GPU or when all drawing is done directly by the CPU like when ShadowFB is enabled. When nothing is drawn for some time, we could already (with current code) test wether we can turn off PTIMER, PFB and PGRAPH and new moon essay, turn them on again quickly triggered by services trapping writes the the user-space command submission buffer. When suspend is working, we could turn off most chip compenents to save power and restore their status when drawing starts again. 7.1.1. Examples of what we need to new moon essay do on anonymous research papers Nvidia chip generations. All generations: Tell the card the location of RAMHT, RAMRO and RAMFC thru writes to the registers NV03_PFIFO_RAMHT, NV03_PFIFO_RAMRO, NV03_PFIFO_RAMFC/NV40_PFIFO_RAMFC by calling nouveau_fifo_instmem_configure() from nouveau_fifo_init() inside the new moon essay nouveau drm kernel module.

NV40 and satire essay, newer: Write the Voodoo into essay, the card NV50 and newer (and maybe als older ones like NV28): Write the CTXVals into the card. malc0's suspend patch does this by calling mc.init(), timer.init(), fb.init(), graph.init() and fifo.init(). Afterwards, he restores the RAMIN area. What should we do with all the gpu data objects in the channels? When a channel is allocated and used, lots of gpu data objects are allocated in VRAM. Phd Thesis! Data structures are complex: Each channel has a fifo context which has a pushbuf attached which has a number of gpu objechts (look at nouveau_fifo_alloc). New Moon Questions! FIFO alloc is started from user space, goes into the kernel and back to do remaining things in user space again. malc0's patch saves and restore the whole RAMIN area instead. The space currently allocated to RAMIN by nouveau is 1MiB for =NV40 and 512kib for on movie all older cards. It would take less memory to save and restore RAMFC, RAMRO and then not the complete RAMIN heap but only the allocated GPU objects in it. For that, we'd have to questions traverse thru the list of allocated gpu_objects within the memory management of nouveau/drm and as coursework, back up those.

In theory, it would be nice to allocate the RAMIN backup space in swappable memory (may have to be allocated by the user process?) and use copy_to/from_user for new moon the transfer in order to not require a large continous chunk of memory (which may not be available if memory gets fragmented), but swapping would need to be running during suspend/resume for this to incongruity essay work. 10. Obsolete progress reports from Spring 2008. BernhardKaindl: After adding save/restore of all PFIFO regs, I now even get a PGRAPH context switch interrupt (it's alive! it's alive!) after X starts sending commands thru the FIFO again, so that looks good. The bad news is that I get weird errors from the card afterwards.

After seeing this this, I guess we should really take MMIO traces of the blob when it's suspending and resuming the card as there might be GPU state in registers and essay, memory areas which might not even be used by satire essay nouevau so far as they might be very card-internal and only need to be touched to new moon essay questions save and restore a complete GPU status. Another possibility would be that the the state which gets lost is in RAMIN - I think that I didn't touch RAMIN in this initial experiment, so I hoped it's not touched at alls, bit it might be that the FIFO initialisation also initiialses part of the RAMIN area for example possibly to RAMRO aread (FIFO runout area - nouveau does not know anyting about it, nouveau only allocates space for it), so saving the RAMIN area (which includes RAMRO and hopefully all the rest of the FIFO status) before re-initialising the satire essay GPU and restoring it afterwards would be a try. Ideally, we should be getting a mmiostrace of a suspend of the blob so we can really *see* what the blob is doing there. Now that I have understood some basics of the essay card, such mmiotrace should be able to tell me something.

Academic Proofreading -
New Moon Essay Topics & Writing Assignments - BookRags com

16 Places To Visit in Oregon That Will Send Chills Down Your Spine. New Moon Essay Questions! Are you an adrenaline junkie? Do you live for incongruity satire essay, finding haunted places to questions visit in Oregon? If the answer is yes, you may enjoy this list. Some of these haunted places in Oregon are pretty creepy. If that#8217;s your thing, maybe it#8217;s time to grab a friend and go on a road trip to essay practitioner check them out for yourself. 1. Battery Russel, Fort Stevens Warrenton, OR.

The Battery Russel is new moon essay questions a part of Fort Stevens near Warrenton, Oregon (very close to the town of Astoria). Phd Thesis On Movie! Part of the Fort Steven#8217;s Military Reservation, it served post to the Oregon Coast during the Civil War, until World War II. There are many tales of new moon essay questions ghostly encounters here, including a man who was walking along Seaside#8217;s Promenade one night when encountering an alcoholics papers army man in a 1940#8217;s uniform. The men nodded to essay each other, and when the man turned around to him, the soldier has vanished into the night. He even went into a couple nearby hotel lobbies looking for him, but he was nowhere to be found. Curious visitors have even caught spirit orbs when taking photographs. 2. McMenamins Grand Lodge Forest Grove, OR. The McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove, Oregon, has been rumored to be haunted by an elderly woman all around the property, who spooks guests in their rooms. In their lobby, you will find a photograph that captured in imagine of the ghostly woman.

On their website, you will find other stories and information on booking a room: 3. Lafayette Cemetery Lafayette, OR. A woman who lived in the 1800#8217;s was hanged for practicing witchcraft and is said to have cursed the town before she died. She said the satire, town would burn to the ground 3 times, and since then Lafayette has burned down twice. People claimed to have seen her still haunting the area where she was hanged, and the Masonic graveyard where she was buried she even screams at visitors and laughs while chasing people out of the cemetery. Locals don#8217;t dare go near this place, as it was eventually closed for good due to a large number of reports of malevolent attacks. The Linkville Playhouse is haunted by a kindly, dedicated spirit, who himself was a former actor identified as Ralph McCormic at the theatre.

He has been observed in the audience smoking a pipe, and essay during dress rehearsal, he appears and disappears suddenly. The story goes he didn#8217;t actually die in the playhouse, but it’s suspected that he loved theater so much that he stuck around after his death in 1992. He’s been seen watching shows in rows 22 or 23. There is phd thesis also a more mischievous spirit who moves props and has broken cables, according to Jeff Gardner, who works at the playhouse. Strange music is heard, and ghostly lights have been seen in new moon questions the theatre attic. 5.The Geiser Grand Hotel Baker City, OR.

You will find The Geiser Grand Hotel in Baker City, a luxury hotel that was built in 1889 and has undergone many transformations. Interestingly, the hotel was listed as the scariest place in anonymous Oregon by Mapquest. Employees at the hotel have heard laughing, clinking glasses and talking, but when they open the doors no one is essay there. The story of a woman known as Annabelle or #8220;the Lady in satire Blue#8221; spends most of her time in Room 302 where she once lived she#8217;s even known to pinch a man#8217;s butt if he sits at new moon essay questions, her bar stool in the hotel saloon, according to hotel owner Barbara Sidway. This massive 16,000 square-foot mansion sits in maths problem solving games the heart of new moon questions Forest Park in Portland.

This beautiful home was built by papers the publisher of The Oregonian and questions his wife, Henry and Georgiana Pittock, in 1909. The couple passed away in 1918-19, and their family lived there until it was later purchased in as coursework beetroot 1964. The home was then converted into a historical museum. Most folks who visit here are not even familiar with the hauntings. There have been stories of people capturing photos of a strange woman reflected in mirrors, even when alone in the room only to discover later someone else in the photo. According to stories, the Pittock family is essay not malicious in nature, although they do enjoy spooking visitors by graduate admission essay moving furniture at times, closing windows and also locking them. To check out photos of the house’s interior and more, along with getting information on new moon touring the mansion, visit the official website at beetroot, www.pittockmansion.org. 7. Highway 101 Near Cannon Beach, OR.

Travelling along this beautiful stretch of highway on Oregon#8217;s coast, clear back to new moon the early 1960#8217;s people have claimed to help see a man whose face is covered in bandages appear on the side of the road, or behind your car in the rear-view mirror. Not only that, some people have claimed to see the man in the backseat of their car but disappearing after turning around to look. Supposedly the best place to sight this strange man is to go down the now abandoned old highway that runs parallel to the main highway through the forest. But you definitely want to go at new moon essay questions, night, as day sightings are practically non-existent. 8. Heceta Head Lighthouse Florence, OR. Rue (such a perfect name for writing services fees, a ghost!) doesn#8217;t like changes. She#8217;s been blamed for setting off a fire alarm and moving random objects during work on the keeper#8217;s house, which is now a bed-and-breakfast. Essay! Overall, though, the #8220;Gray Lady#8221; (so nicknamed because of her sometimes-wispy appearance) comes across as rather benign. She supposedly manifested herself to one worker in the attic, scaring him badly. He refused to re-enter the room, even to clean up the glass from a window he broke while working outside. Another worker investigated and found the glass swept into a neat pile; 866/547-3696 or hecetalighthouse.com.

This theater was built in 1932, and is said to be haunted by phd thesis the ghost of a young girl in a white dress. The girl fell from the theater#8217;s balcony to her death. Visitors and staff of new moon questions this still-open venue claim to see doors open and close by themselves. The child#8217;s laughter can also be heard, according to witness accounts. Legend has it that Malheur Butte, a dead volcano, was a place where witches met in secret. Writing Fees! Diminutive shadowy creatures are said to new moon essay appear here after dark and chase visitors. The imps are about the alcoholics research papers, size of a dog and may make strange noises. 11. South Eugene High School Eugene, OR. “There are a fair number of ghosts present in Eugene, which makes sense. It’s the questions, largest town between San Francisco and anonymous papers Portland and essay questions home of the University of Oregon. A large percentage of the area’s spirits are active in the schools with just a couple doing their bit “off campus”. Graduate Admission Help Nurse Practitioner! “The most famous local haunting is the one at South Eugene High School.

It’s so well-known that we even know the name of the ghost – Robert Granke. Apparently, Robert was high up in the catwalks above the questions, stage in the school’s auditorium during the late Fifties when he fell to his death in the seats below. Ever since then, the auditorium has been haunted, and there’s even a Robert Granke chair that not many people feel like sitting in. Robert can be heard walking around and can sometimes be seen as a shadowy form in the balcony. (via EDN) Asahel Bush II built the Italianate mansion in the 1870s, and witnesses say his youngest daughter, Eugenia, still keeps watch over phd thesis their home. Her apparition is said to essay appear here, and the ghost is blamed for moving the air conditioning system controls to turn up the heat. Other spirits are believed to reside here as well. Witnesses have described shadows, cold spots, and beetroot female voices. Questions! 13. Hot Lake Hotel and services fees Hot Springs La Grande, OR. Hot Lake Hotel is a hotel originally built in 1864 in Hot Lake, Union County, Oregon, United States. Prior to white settlement of the area, the hot springs that fed Hot Lake may have been used as a meeting ground for various Indian tribes.

Originally it was used to be a place of healing for new moon, Native Americans. Settlers later built a hotel on the grounds in the 1840#8217;s after discovering the land. During its history, the facility was used as an asylum, a rest stop for incongruity essay, travelers and new moon essay a resort due to admission essay practitioner its relaxing thermal waters. The building was in operation in one form or another until 1974. The hotel that now sits there has reports of haunting piano music roaming the halls, even though no actual piano exists. It is said the essay, piano that once resided there belonged to the wife of General Robert E. Lee and was rumored to admission essay practitioner be haunted before it even reached the Hot Springs; it’s owner got rid of it, and later killed himself).

A gardener hanged himself behind the essay, building, and numerous reports of ghosts lingering by the gazebo out front and on the lake itself surface regularly. There have been many explainable car crashes beside the lake, and ominous heavy fog that appears out of nowhere. If you want to be brave and stay at this haunted vacation spot, read more about the Hot Lake Hotel here. 14. McMenamins’ White Eagle Saloon- Portland, OR. This old bar built in maths problem solving games 1905 is new moon essay questions said to be one of the most haunted buildings in on movie the Portland. The bar was built by Polish immigrants, Bronislaw Soboleski and William Hryszko. It was a popular watering hole and brothel in the early 20th Century.

Sam who was a housekeeper here, has been reportedly seen peeking through the window, and Rose, who was a prostitute is said to have been killed at the hotel. New Moon Essay! Guests at the hotel have reported feeling cold hands touch them, and even being physically unable to get out of bed, as well as items being moved around. Employees have reported having fallen down the stairs as if someone pushed them from behind. 15. Writing! Original Oregon Institute of Technology Klamath Falls, OR. No one is really sure why the old Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) was abandoned after being used for many years. New Moon! The hill next to it is where supposed Satanic rituals were said to take place. Visitors have found strange rock formations with animal bones in the center, and several walls with some occasionally covered in blood.

Others have reported seeing shadow apparitions throughout the campus, and the faint sound of chanting is often hard accompanied by loud banging sounds. 16. Old Liberty Theatre North Bend, OR. This historic theatre no longer appears to be in operation, however, the ghosts appear to problem solving still be as lively as ever. New Moon Essay Questions! The theatre is writing fees haunted by the apparition of a lady in a period dress and two young children. The apparition of the lady was been seen in the women’s restroom, where she passed away, while the children have been heard running through the hallways.

Late at night, the new moon essay questions, doors open and on movie close by new moon questions themselves.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
New Moon Short Essay - Answer Key | BookRags com

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. A very common essay prompt/discussion topic for The Great Gatsby is to have you compare and contrast a pair of characters in Gatsby. Why do teachers love these prompts so much? These compare/contrast essays are an opportunity for you to new moon questions, tie the character similarities and differences to larger observations about society and fees, class, the American Dream, or identity in the novel. They also allow you to practice standard English class skills: close reading, using lines from the text as evidence, and taking a stance and presenting a supporting argument in new moon essay an essay. We’ll go over phd thesis, some basic dos and don’ts for writing compare/contrast essays before diving into some analysis of the most asked-about character pairings.

Keep reading if you have a Compare/Contrast assignment on the horizon! The do's of essay questions, a compare and anonymous, contrast essay The don'ts of a compare contrast essay Why some characters are paired for comparison more often than others Analysis of and essay topic ideas for the most common character pairs: Nick and Gatsby Tom and George Tom and Gatsby Daisy and Jordan Daisy and Myrtle. What to new moon, Do in a Compare/Contrast Essay. Like anything you write for English class, your essay should be clearly organized, with a thesis statement (a one-sentence summary of your argument), and topic sentences for each body paragraph. And you should definitely have an overall argument! The point of the compare/contrast essay isn’t for you to just list the differences and similarities between two characters, you need to take those observations and make a larger argument about the novel as a whole . That larger argument allows you to practice writing an essay that contains an argument, which is a skill that nearly all English teachers are focused on building. To take a quick example, don’t just list the differences between Tom Buchanan and Jay Gatsby. Instead, make an argument like, “Fitzgerald’s portrayal of wealthy New York society through Jay Gatsby and Tom Buchanan allows him to critique both old money and the newly rich, while reserving his most pointed critiques for the old money crowd.” (Obviously, that’s just one example, and there are dozens of potential arguments you could make while comparing and contrasting characters in Gatsby!)

Make sure to address your larger argument in each body paragraph as you draw out the similarities and maths solving, differences between the essay, two characters. Don’t get caught in the weeds as you tease out the many differences and similarities in on movie each character pair. New Moon Questions! Always link back to the bigger picture. Finally, analyze each quote you use – in other words, don’t stick a quote in your essay and do nothing with it. Make sure to explain how and why the quote demonstrates a key similarity or difference, and what that means for your bigger argument. What to Avoid in as coursework a Compare/Contrast Essay.

Don’t just list differences and essay questions, similarities without an overarching argument . Writing! Although you can definitely start brainstorming by making a list of similarities and differences, just presenting that list in essay form won’t get you a good grade, since you need to go deeper and explain what the similarities/differences suggest about the novel as a whole. And, on the other side, don’t make big claims without some evidence from the text to back them up . For example, don’t say “Tom is selfish while Gatsby cares about essay questions, others.” Prove those two separate claims (Tom is writing, selfish” and “Gatsby cares about others”) with relevant lines from the book. (And if you’re having a hard time locating good quotes, find a digital version of new moon essay, Gatsby you can search using the CTRL-F function. It’s a lifesaver when gathering relevant quotes for an essay!) The garden gnome agrees - our essay tips have helped him out as coursework, more than you'll ever know. Why Are These Characters Paired Most Often? We will tackle these major pairings in the next sections of this article: Nick Carraway and Jay Gatsby Tom Buchanan and Jay Gatsby Tom Buchanan and George Wilson Daisy Buchanan and Jordan Baker Daisy Buchanan and Myrtle Wilson. Before we dig into the analysis, you might be wondering: “why are we only comparing characters of the same gender?” or maybe “why not other pairings? Why not Jordan and Myrtle, or Nick and Tom?” We are focusing on these specific pairings because they are by far the most commonly asked about essay questions, pairs in essay prompts and as coursework, discussion topics for The Great Gatsby . And we want this guide, first and foremost, to be helpful to students as you work on assignments involving Gatsby!

Furthermore, these pairings help teachers get you to questions, explore some of the novel’s larger themes . For example, comparing Daisy/ Myrtle or Tom/George can help you explore the differences between the wealthy and the working class. Comparing Daisy/Myrtle or Daisy/Jordan can help you explore the changing status of women during the 1920s. Comparing Tom and Gatsby can get at as coursework, the old money/new money divide. Finally, differences between Nick and Gatsby raise some of the novel’s larger questions about the American Dream, repeating the past, and identity. In short, these pairings have become common because they each allow fairly easy access to one of the novel’s larger issues. That’s not to say you couldn’t also explore some of those themes by comparing, say, Jordan and George, or Daisy and Gatsby, but cross-gender compare/contrast essays can be challenging because the new moon questions, status of women and graduate essay help, men is so different in the novel. Questions! If you are interested in seeing how a particular male and female character are paired, you may be better off studying them through the lens of problem games, love, desire, and relationships in the novel, or through the way they relate to one of the novel's symbols or motifs. With those thoughts in new moon questions mind, let's jump into the top 5 pairings!

For each pairing, we will suggest a few possible larger arguments you can either build from or disagree with, but these are far from comprehensive! You should add to our analysis of the characters and come up with an essay nurse argument you’re excited about. Our citation format in this guide is (chapter.paragraph). We're using this system since there are many editions of Gatsby, so using page numbers would only work for students with our copy of the new moon questions, book. To find a quotation we cite via chapter and alcoholics anonymous, paragraph in your book, you can either eyeball it (Paragraph 1-50: beginning of chapter; 50-100: middle of chapter; 100-on: end of chapter), or use the search function if you're using an essay online or eReader version of the text. Although Jay Gatsby and Nick Carraway vary both in outlook and temperament, they are also alike in satire essay interesting ways.

Despite somewhat similar desires, attitudes, and social positions, Nick and Gatsby make very different choices during the novel. Love and Romance . Nick and Gatsby both want women that are out of their reach, although in different degrees. Daisy is miles above Gatsby in terms of social class. Jordan and Nick are of the same social status, but Jordan doesn't seem free to make her own decisions since an aunt controls her financial life. There is new moon questions, a significant passion gap between Gatsby and Nick as well. Gatsby obsesses over Daisy - he has thought of nothing else for five years, going as far as to phd thesis, buy a house across the bay from her just in case she notices. New Moon! Nick, meanwhile, is attracted to Jordan's cool and maths problem games, self-sufficient demeanor, but he is clearly not in new moon essay love with her, as he himself notes (I wasn't actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity (3.159)). Approach to Women.

Both men are not particularly interested in the inner lives of the women they want to be with. Gatsby is solving games, devastated when Daisy doesn't want to renounce her relationship with Tom completely. Similarly, Nick cavalierly discounts Jordan's penchant to lie, cheat, and generally be cynically uninterested in other people, and then is deeply disappointed when she acts this way after Myrtle's death. Class and Social Standing. Although both Gatsby and new moon questions, Nick are outsiders to the wealthy communities of East and West Egg, Nick is a much more in-between character socially than Gatsby. Nick is familiar with the ways of the old money crowd because of his own family's privilege and the fact that he is related to Daisy. Gatsby is not only self-made, but is a criminal who is desperate to pass as part of the old money elite without knowing its customs or rules of behavior. What isolates Nick from East Egg life is his Midwestern values and the importance he places on morality and research papers, decency. Gatsby is isolated from everyone by the fact that he can never actually be himself - he is always playing a role and new moon essay, putting on his Oxford man persona. Essay! It may be this sense of feeling out of place that connects them.

Outlook and Temperament. Gatsby is an optimist (almost to new moon, a delusional degree) while Nick is a realist who finds Gatsby's idealism inspiring and admirable. Gatsby believes in his ability to shape his own life and future, which makes sense since he has managed to transform himself from a farmer to a successful gangster, to research, impersonate an Oxford man, and to accumulate a fantastic amount of wealth in questions a very short time. This belief in anonymous research papers his power translates to Gatsby being sure that he and new moon, Daisy can go back to their month of phd thesis, idyllic love ('Can't repeat the past?', he cried incredulously. 'Why of course you can!' (6.129). Nick tries his best to be an objective realist and to reign in essay his tendency to judge others. He is deeply in awe of satire, self-directed men like Gatsby, and even Wolfshiem (Nick is amazed to new moon essay questions, think that one man could be behind a huge event like the rigged World Series).

Ambition. Gatsby dreams of greatness. As a young man his mind “romped like the mind of God,” and so as an adult, he seems to have made good on this promise by graduate essay, buying the most ridiculous mansion and throwing the most extravagant parties (6.134). Nick is much less ambitious in comparison. While he comes to New York seeking excitement, he doesn't want to be the wealthiest bond salesman on Wall Street or to have the questions, biggest house. Help! He is happy to be an new moon essay questions observer at the edge of the drama rather than being in its midst. Here are potential arguments to build on or disagree with based our observations.

These are certainly not the only possible arguments, so be creative! Make sure your essay considers what the similarities and differences between Nick and Gatsby reveal about the novel as a whole. Nick is a passive person and as coursework, Gatsby is active, which is why Gatsby is the hero and essay, Nick simply the observer. Maths Solving! Nick has much more in common with Gatsby than he thinks he does, which explains why he becomes so enamored of him. Nick serves as a foil (someone who serves as a contrast) to Gatsby, which makes Nick the best possible observer of new moon questions, Gatsby. At the end of the novel, Tom says that Gatsby “threw dirt in phd thesis on movie [Nick’s] eyes, just like Daisy’s,” meaning that both Nick and Daisy were taken in and could never see the true Gatsby: a narcissist and a criminal. Tom is right - the whole novel is Nick trying to spin a negative character into a positive one. Nick Carraway: master of spin or just along for the ride? As they battle over Daisy’s love, Tom Buchanan and Jay Gatsby sometimes seem surprisingly similar - particular in their self-centeredness, wealth, and concern with appearances. At the same time, these surface parallels point to major conflicts in their social class, and say a lot about the questions, world of the novel. Appearance.

Gatsby is driven by as coursework beetroot, his materialism to new moon questions, be very invested having fashionable clothes, a beautiful mansion, and visually overwhelming parties - for him, the writing services fees, outfit is the thing that makes the Oxford man. Meanwhile because Tom doesn't have to dress the part of the moneyed elite to be one, he is instead very attuned to the behavior of others. New Moon! This is why he immediately sees how fake Gatsby's persona is, both because of Gatsby's overly ostentatious clothes, and problem solving games, because of how much Gatsby misreads the fake invitation from the Sloanes. New Moon Essay Questions! Tom is never fooled into thinking that Gatsby is anything other than an upstart, and mostly likely a criminal one. Self-Centeredness.

Tom and Gatsby are both completely selfish, and fully convinced that their desires have to be acquiesced to by those around them. Tom, for example, starts his affair with Myrtle by pressing himself against her on a train platform - basically, his version of writing services, flirting is bodily assault. Gatsby, meanwhile, also thinks nothing of starting an affair with a married woman, assuming that his obsessive feelings are enough to justify any behavior. Wealth. Despite the fact that both are unimaginably rich, these men come from questions, totally different sides of the big money divide. Tom comes from old money and anonymous research, is forever worried about the encroachment of the nouveau riche, minorities, and others onto what he thinks is questions, his. At the same time, Gatsby is the writing fees, most successful of the new moon questions, novel's many ambitious social climbers, using his lack of ethical scruples to parlay his criminal activity into a higher social status. Power. Essay! Tom loves being powerful and wields his power directly. He is physically aggressive and uses his body to threaten and intimidate (Nick, for new moon essay one, is clearly very cowed by Tom's bulk).

He is also quick to violence, whether it's socially sanctioned - like his football accomplishments - or not - like when he breaks Myrtle's nose without a second thought. Gatsby also holds significant power, but his methods are much more indirect. Still, whether he is offering Nick some illegal bond trading action, or showing off his get-out-of-a-ticket-free card to a cop on the highway, Gatsby is clearly happy to maths problem, be in control of a situation. Love. Tom and Gatsby both seem to be in new moon essay love with Daisy.

But what does that really mean to each of them? For Tom, Daisy is clearly partly appealing because she completes his horse-riding, East Egg, 350-thousand-dollar pearl necklace lifestyle. Alcoholics Papers! He cheats on her because he clearly has never denied himself anything, but he also understands Daisy as a person. He knows that she is too weak to new moon essay, leave him, but he also loves her enough to tolerate her affair with Gatsby and to stay with her after Myrtle's murder. Writing! Gatsby's love, on the other hand, is in some ways purer because he so idealizes Daisy and connects her to all of his other hopes and dreams. But this love is overly pure - he doesn't really seem to know Daisy as anything other than an idealized object, and is incapable of accepting that she has led a life apart from him for five years. In a compare/contrast essay, you can’t just present a list of similarities and differences. You also need to new moon essay, have an underlying argument you’re supporting. Feel free to take these at face value or as jumping-off points for your own thoughts. Tom loves Daisy as a person, Gatsby loves her as an idea. Both Tom and Gatsby’s tendency to control women and writing fees, see them as prizes reveals the misogyny of the new moon essay questions, 1920s.

Although Tom sees Gatsby as someone from an entirely different class than him, what they have in admission essay help nurse practitioner common (selfishness, affairs, obsession with appearances) makes a larger argument for essay an overall moral hollowness of the rich of any class. We see both Gatsby and Tom through the eyes of admission help nurse practitioner, Nick, who worships one of them and hates the other. New Moon Questions! In reality, they are both much more similar than different, and their different treatment reveals Nick's insecurities and biases. Gatsby gives new meaning to letting perfect be the enemy of the good. At first, most readers see Tom Buchanan and George Wilson as opposites. But, these markedly different characters face very similar circumstances and offer two takes on games, masculinity and power in the novel. Appearance and Presence. Where Tom is strong and cowering, George is meek and shrinking.

Tom exudes power and new moon, confidence while George tends to services, just fade into new moon essay questions the background. Incongruity Satire! These differences are borne out in questions the way these two men interact with the world. Writing! Tom is violent towards others, while George’s instinct is to be passive or to try and escape situations, the notable exceptions being his locking up of Myrtle and new moon, murder of Gatsby. Problem Solving Games! Tom is new moon, confident, privileged, and assured while George is timid; George is “ruled by research papers, his wife” where Tom is selfish and acts on his own desires. Reaction to Adversity. There is a dramatic difference in the way the two men react to new moon essay questions, the fact that their wives are cheating on them. Tom notices Daisy’s love for Gatsby and immediately starts making power plays.

On the other hand, George discovers Myrtle’s affair and as coursework, is undone by it. Nick compares the two men in a memorable description: “the shock had made him physically sick. I stared at him and then at new moon, Tom, who had made a parallel discovery less than an hour before--and it occurred to me that there was no difference between men, in intelligence or race, so profound as the difference between the sick and the well. Beetroot! Wilson was so sick that he looked guilty, unforgivably guilty--as if he had just got some poor girl with child (7.160). In this description, Tom is “well” and new moon, George is “sick.” These are certainly arresting ways to describe Tom's more traditional masculinity and incongruity satire, George's less overtly masculine character. Tom is self-assured in the face of adversity and immediately takes action to questions, win Daisy back, insisting on driving Gatsby's car, bullying those around him into driving to Manhattan, and using his romance skills to remind Daisy of the pluses of their relationship.

Meanwhile, George's weakness makes him look sick and guilty as he contemplates Myrtle's betrayal and is driven to violence to on movie, reassert his power over her. Approach to Women. Both Tom and George assume they know what’s best for their wives: Tom dismisses Daisy’s professed love for Gatsby despite their obvious closeness, while George is determined to take Myrtle out west once he learns about the affair. But, while it seems that Tom does fundamentally understand Daisy and is right about her unwillingness to leave their marriage, George is unable to hold on to Myrtle either emotionally or physically. She is killed trying to run away from him. Differences in attitude and outcome, despite a relatively similar situation, reveal some unexpected truths about the world of the novel. Argue the reverse of any of new moon, these topics for a really provocative essay!

The fact that Tom manipulates George into killing Gatsby and then himself (which allows Tom and Daisy to walk away from the entire affair without consequence) shows the writing, huge privileges of having money in the novel. New Moon Essay Questions! Nick's approach to Tom and George shows his admiration of a physical, brutish, domineering kind of masculinity. The fact that the relatively good guy turns into graduate help nurse practitioner a murderer while the bad guy lives to cheat another day is a very cynical take on what happens in a world without a moral compass. Perhaps it shouldn't be surprised that the meeker man turns out to be the ultraviolent one. Despite Daisy Buchanan and Jordan Baker's similar “white girlhoods” (1.140) in Louisville, their attitude and motivations are quite distinct, making them really interesting to compare and contrast. Attitude and new moon questions, Outlook. Both Daisy and Jordan display an entitled, bored attitude that’s typical of Fitzgerald’s depiction of the old money segment of wealthy New York society. The fact that they are introduced in solving games tandem, both lying on the couches in their white dresses, speaks to their initially similar attitudes. But soon we see how different their takes on essay questions, this kind of life are.

Daisy is beetroot, increasingly despondent, even nihilistic, asking in Chapter 7, “what shall we do today, and tomorrow, and for new moon questions the next thirty years?” (7.74). Jordan meanwhile is a pragmatic opportunist, who sees possibilities everywhere, arguing that “life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall” (7.75). In other words, Daisy’s pessimistic attitude from Chapter 1 comes through again, while Jordan, despite coming across as cynical and sharp, actually still seems excited about the possibilities life has to offer. Appearance and Personality. Writing Fees! Both Daisy and Jordan very alluring in their own way, though Daisy’s allure comes through her enchanting voice and questions, feminine charms, while Jordan is masculine, “jaunty,” witty, sharp, and physical. Daisy maintains a squeaky-clean reputation despite moving with a fast crowd, while there are plenty of rumors about phd thesis, Jordan’s cheating in golf, and Nick comments on her dishonest attitude. More significantly, Daisy is incredibly self-absorbed while Jordan is very observant. Role in new moon essay Society. Daisy seems caught between what society expects of maths games, her and some deeper, more powerful desires she can’t name, resulting in restlessness, depression, and her affair.

Daisy is sticking to her prescribed societal role by essay questions, marrying and having a child, while Jordan plays golf, “runs around town” and doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to marry, at least in the beginning of the novel. Graduate Admission Essay! Perhaps Jordan is still somewhat optimistic about the possibilities of life since she hasn’t settled down yet, while Daisy realizes that nothing major in her life will change at new moon questions, this point. Jordan, meanwhile, is content to chase after fun and phd thesis, intrigue via other people’s bad behavior. And she doesn’t get dragged down by the tragedy in the book – on the contrary, she is questions, callous in how little Myrtle’s death seems to solving, shake her, coolly calling Nick the next day and asking him to meet like nothing has happened (8.50-61). Perhaps her motivations are a bit less accessible to the reader since her role was significantly downsized between some of Fitzgerald’s earlier drafts.

But in any case, as we watch Daisy struggle in new moon essay questions her marriage, what we see of Jordan is incongruity satire, cool, calm, collected, and rather uncaring. So what are some possible conclusions we can draw from Daisy and Jordan’s characters? One of the most common strategies is to questions, tie the maths problem solving, differences between these women onto one of the book’s larger themes, like the essay, role of society and class or the American Dream. Another is to think about an important feature of the novel, like Nick’s narration, and see what these two characters can reveal about nurse, it. With those strategies in mind, here are some potential arguments you could argue for or against! Jordan and Daisy, because they are generally disempowered, both use their sexuality in different ways to gain power, with different results. Despite Jordan’s overt cheating and lying, Daisy is, in fact, the new moon, more morally compromised person. The way Nick treats Jordan versus the way he describes Daisy reveals the admission help practitioner, novel’s preoccupation with Gatsby above all, to the detriment of the female characters.

Dear Diary: Today I cheated at golf yet again! But it was nothing compared to what my friend Daisy did. While Daisy Buchanan and Myrtle Wilson obviously come from very different backgrounds and have conflicting motivations, they also have some surprising similarities. Physical Appearance. Daisy and Myrtle both derive power from new moon essay, their looks. Alcoholics Research Papers! Myrtle's comfort with her voluptuous body is new moon questions, clearly appealing to Tom, while Daisy's magnetic voice and as coursework beetroot, ethereal presence obsess Gatsby. Throughout the novel, Myrtle is frequently reduced to being just a body - one to be used or violated by those around her.

Tom sees little in Myrtle besides someone to either rub up against, have sex with, or punch at will; George resorts to imprisoning Myrtle while she eggs him on to beat her (7.314) the way Tom does; and finally, Daisy gruesomely rips Myrtle's body apart with a car. Meanwhile, Daisy's voice also serves to make her less of a person in questions her own right and more of an idealized, mythic figure from fairy tales. For Gatsby, Daisy's voice is appealing because it is full of money (7.105) - he is attracted to her not because of who she is, but because he sees her as a prize. Social Standing. Myrtle puts on the airs that Daisy has been born and raised with. Graduate Admission Essay Help! This allows Myrtle to wield considerable social power within her group, as seen by how her guests fawn on her at the Manhattan party she throws. Daisy, in contrast, never exerts such overt power over a group – rather, she seems to move with crowds, doing what it expected of new moon essay questions, her (for instance marrying Tom despite still loving Gatsby). Love and Relationships. Daisy and Myrtle’s marriages are strikingly quite different. Daisy and Tom are able to writing fees, stay together even through serial affairs and new moon, murder.

They end up loyal co-conspirators, protected by their wealth. Meanwhile, Myrtle has nothing but disdain for George despite his evident love for her. Still, both women use affairs with other men as a way to escape. Daisy wants to problem, get away from an increasingly unhappy marriage and try to recapture the spontaneity and possibility of her youth, while Myrtle loves the status that her affair with Tom grants her. However, both learn that they can’t escape forever through their affairs. Obviously, their biggest difference is essay questions, that Daisy gets to walk away from the novel unscathed, while Myrtle gets killed.

Here are ways to write about alcoholics research, these different women who face similar choices with dramatically opposite conclusions. Despite their similarities in essay questions action and motivation, Daisy is protected from any lasting harm by admission help, her wealth and new moon essay questions, old money status, while Myrtle is punished for writing services the same behavior, revealing how the class system in America protects the wealthy. The novel refuses to give any inner life to women, and instead reduces them to their physical qualities no matter what social class they come from. Daisy and Myrtle's similar treatment by the narrator and by new moon essay questions, the men around them shows that gender trumps class when determining status. Daisy and Myrtle’s similarities reveal how hollow the progress of the women’s movement really was at that point in alcoholics research papers time. Despite the big gains the movement made in the early twentieth century, including winning the right to essay, vote and pushing for more freedom in how they could dress and act, both of these women’s lives aren’t vastly improved. They’re both trapped in unhappy marriages, they both rely on their looks/charms/sexuality to get what they want, and neither of them has even a chance of pursuing a fulfilling life through a career. The butterfly may be beautiful, but it's still trapped. Now that you’ve gone over the novel’s most popular compare/contrast pairings, check out our analysis of the graduate admission nurse, novel’s romantic pairings in our guide to love, desire, and relationships in The Great Gatsby . Have an essay about a symbol or motif? Get started with our symbols overview and motifs overview. Still a little hazy on some of the plot elements in Gatsby?

Not to worry, we have you covered with our complete book summary! Want to improve your SAT score by 160 points or your ACT score by 4 points? We've written a guide for each test about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at improving your score. Download it for free now: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Anna scored in the 99th percentile on questions, her SATs in high school, and went on to major in English at Princeton and to get her doctorate in satire essay English Literature at Columbia.

She is passionate about improving student access to new moon essay questions, higher education. You should definitely follow us on social media. You'll get updates on our latest articles right on incongruity, your feed. Follow us on all 3 of new moon essay, our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get to 600 on graduate, Each SAT Section: Series: How to new moon questions, Get 36 on help practitioner, Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of essay, other topics!

Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015. All rights reserved. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . The College Entrance Examination.

Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in services fees any way with the owner or any content of this site.